June 24, 2009 in News
It’s official: X-men Origins: Wolverine is the 2nd best reviewed Blockbuster of the Summer (behind Star Trek, of course).
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is getting a BEATING by almost everyone who’s seen it. Both critics and fanboys alike would love to crucify Michael Bay. It is currently resting at 20% on Rottentomatoes.com, as compared to 2007′s Transformers which settled at 57%.
Head over to Rotten Tomatoes to read all the reviews. I’m actually surprised that it’s being hated on so much. The effects look amazing, however it looks like Michael Bay’s horrible sense of humor and bloated running time ruin the proceedings.
1) 2 hours and 29 minutes. Is this Lawrence of Arabia?
2) Dogs hump each other, and a robot humps Megan Fox’s leg.
3) A small evil robot has gun for a penis.
4) The huge robot made up of construction vehicles (Devestator) actually is shown with wrecking ball testicles.
5) Tons of sexual innuendo for a movie aimed at selling TOYS.
For more examples check out The Movieline’s 9 Most Shameless Aspects of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
I’m pretty bummed. I had high hopes for this brainless action flick. I enjoy/tolerate the first one (and by all means it has it’s stinker moments) and hoped Michael Bay would listen to some of the criticisms of the first movie.
Looks like he only amped up the criticisms. Maybe G. I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra will surprise is all and be better? Sheesh. What a crap-fest of a summer.